Top Wedding Dance Songs
When you’re at a wedding, there are a few great songs the wedding DJ can play that will guarantee that you’ll be on the dance floor. We’ve compiled a list of the top 20 best wedding songs to dance to that will get every wedding guest’s feet stompin’ and even the caterer.
Many of the songs we’ve listed have stood the test of time as far as their popularity is concerned and the song “Don’t Stop Believin’,” by Journey, is a song that was top of the charts 41 years ago but can still get wedding guests to bust a move.
The song “Everybody,” from the Backstreet Boys was released in 1997 but was recently made popular again because it appears in several new movies.
The Song and Dance
Songs that people love to sing and dance to are very popular with wedding crowds, including “Sweet Caroline,” by Neil Diamond, “I Wanna Dance With Somebody,” by Whitney Houston, and Bon Jovi’s, “Livin’ on a Prayer.”
If you want to hear one of the best dancing beats in a song, one that makes your toes tap, “Billie Jean,” by Michael Jackson, and “September,” by Earth Wind & Fire are sure-fire winners.
The Group Dances
We’ve also found songs that would bring out the “group dancers.” Groups of people will hit the dance floor to interlock arms, singing, and swaying to songs like, “Dancing Queen,” from Abba, and “Friends in Low Places,” by Garth Brooks. Be sure your wedding photographer gets pictures during these great hits.
Here are the top 20 awesome dance songs, you’ll want to ask the wedding DJ to play at your wedding:
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
2. Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson Featuring Bruno Mars
3. Dancing Queen – ABBA
4. Everybody – Backstreet Boys
5. Shut Up And Dance – Walk The Moon
6. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
7. Can’t Stop The Feeling! – Justin Timberlake
8. Mr. Brightside – Killers
9. Wannabe – Spice Girls
10. Wobble – V.I.C
11. Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper
12. Friends In Low Places – Garth Brooks
13. I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
14. Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
15. Party In The U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus
16. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
17. Sweet Caroline – Good Times Never Seemed So Good – Neil Diamond
18. September – Earth, Wind & Fire
19. Yeah – Usher Feat. Ludacris & Lil’ Jon
20. Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
A Long Time Dancing
These 20 songs will give you around an hour and a half of amazing dance floor fun. Whether your wedding guests are young or old, these songs will get the shyest of dancers out onto the dance floor. You can find even more of the best wedding dance songs here.